THE NAFFCO CAFS 400G Compressed Air Foam Fire Suppression System uses compressed air to propel fire fighting foam. Thousands of tight radius bubbles quickly cool and smother a fire by providing a thick vapor-sealing blanket of foam that virtually eliminates re-ignition. The foam will adhere to horizontal and vertical surfaces. This system allows the operator to seal a fuel spill and flammable vapors with foam thus reducing or eliminating a potential fire. The system will discharge the foam approximately 25-30 meters. in a no wind condition allowing fire fighting personnel without protective clothing to avoid thermal injuries. Trained personnel can accomplish all maintenance except the hydrostatic pressure testing of the Air Cylinders, Premix Tank, and the Discharge Hose.
|Extinguishing Agent||CAFS Special Foam||CAFS Special Foam|
|Capacity||400 Gallons||500 Gallons|
|Foam Selection||Dry / Wet||Dry / Wet|
|Working Pressure for foam cylender||8 / 10 bar||8 / 10 bar|
|Cylinder material||Stainless Steel, Grade 316 L||Stainless Steel, Grade 316 L|
|Test material||30 Bars||30 Bars|
|Filling pressure of air cylinder||150 Bars||150 Bars|
|Range of discharge||22 – 25 mtrs.||22 – 25 mtrs.|
|Discharge duration||8 min.||10 min.|
|Hose size & length||1” x 30 mtrs.
1- 1/2” x 30 mtrs.
|1” x 30 mtrs.
1- 1/2” x 30 mtrs.
|Operating temprature limits||+5° C to + 60° C||+5° C to + 60° C|
The NAFFCO CAF400 Gallons / 500 Gallons should be thoroughly secured when transporting in trailers and vehicle. The lifting eye was fixed on the top of the Skid exclusively to handle and external lift operations. Other sections of the system should not be use for these purposes.
System components :
- PRESSURE GAUGE for air cylinder indicates the pressure in the high pressure air cylinder when the cylinder valve is opened prior to operation of the unit.
- PRESSURE GAUGE for foam tank indicates the pressure inside the foam tank.
- SELECTOR KNOB is used to select the foam discharge mode of two options namely, Dry Foam & Wet Foam
- AIR CYLINDERS are high pressure air cylinders tested at 250 Bar. The system has 6 Air Cylinders.
- AIR CYLINDER VALVE is used to adjust the air flow from the Air Cylinder for the unit. It has a special adapter to make it convenient for easy dismantling and refilling of the cylinder with compressed air.
- FOAM DISCHARGE GUN is 1” & 1-1/2” suitable for wet or dry foam flow.
- PRESSURE RELEASE CONTROLLER is located on the control panel, used to depressurize the premix tank after use of the unit.
- DISCHARGE CONTROLLER is opened by operating lever in the control panel for flow of the foam towards the discharge gun.
- FOAM DISCHARGE HOSE is 1” & 1-1/2”X30 meter lay flat fire hose with storz coupling
- LEVEL INDICATOR IS LOCATED in the control panel for low or high level indication of foam solution in the tank.